Saturday 23 December 2017

Biswanath De Roy

It seems as if time has stopped and my Time Machine has taken me back to my golden Dunlop era...

Getting old means that we start remembering the things that we do not want to forget and cherish them to come back to our lives so that we can write and share them with the younger generation.

I still remember Pappu and Pinky as fresh buds with innocent face and smiles that can win great battles. But let me not start praising them outright because it would be unfair to others who may think I am biased.

I am here to take up my pen and scribble down a few words about our Technical Department’s Drama under the guidance of our beloved Biswasda (late Mr. S K Biswas)

We as genuine Bengalis (I hope I have said it correctly ) are always meshed with cultural aura. Music, dramas and singing flow in our blood and we eagerly and spontaneously perform in functions to give joy to others as also to satisfy our egos.

I do not remember the exact year but recollect that we performed the drama Manoj Mitra’s “ Babuder Dal Kukure”. I was extremely excited and performed in the drama together with Debobrata Gupta, Jayanta Bhattacharyya, Manoj Palit and others. No…. no…. let me not miss the name of our heroine Mrs. Seema Das Gupta (wife of Anjan Das Gupta). It was a satirical comedy drama and everybody enjoyed and openly praised our effort.

All said and done nothing can blur the memories of those days which will be etched in our minds till the end of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subhasish Banerji

DUNLOP SAHAGANJ A Nostalgic journey down memory lane I joined Dunlop India’s Sahaganj factory in Sept. 1971, and was living at Lat...